Tuesday, December 29, 2009

I did not download ANYTHING from limewire, and yet I still got viruses! How?

I initially downloaded an older version of limewire and had absolutely no problems with it. I downloaded a couple of things, and everything was fine-- no viruses, no popups, no spyware. Later when I came back to the computer I was asked if I wanted to upgrade to the latest version of limewire. I opted for the upgrade, but after the upgrade I did not download anything else from it. The truth is I did not have a chance to download anything from it because I immediately began getting popups, e.t.c. upon which I uninstalled it. Needless to say the viruses/popups are still here, and my system is running rediculously slow. But I just want to know how I suddenly started getting popups and viruses just because I upgraded my limewire. Somebody said that the viruses do not even come from limewire itself, but rather from the things you download. In addition, the only thing I have EVER downloaded AT ALL from any version of limewire was a few songs. So how did I get viruses?



I did not download ANYTHING from limewire, and yet I still got viruses! How?myspace





the music industry has been adding virus's to lime wire and many more file sharing web site's. you have been had by them. you should read the blogs that post this info.and then you would have known that by upgrading you would be screwed so to speak. its not from lime wire, but the music folks that have hacked the site. they condemn us for downloading song's for free at the same time they hack a web site. you decide who is more in the wrong here?????????? get this free tool to help fix the trouble. http://www.iobit.com good luck.



I did not download ANYTHING from limewire, and yet I still got viruses! How?myspace icons myspace.com



You have have downloaded a non-legit (lol?) version of limewire.



Also, any surfing *can* lead to infection without proper protection
Spyware and viruses could have easily attached themselves to the upgrade from Limewire, in which case you wouldn't notice until the crappy junk started to happen to your computer. The sucky part about it is that the actual virus/spyware can be ANYWHERE in your system. The only thing I can recommend is that you do a System Restore to a previous date of the download of the Limewire upgrade. I hope this helps.
if u download anything from limewire it wont have a virus...limewire will scan the file before its up for downloading...



it could be just spyware i just recently got this...i recomend u get the spyware destroyer thingy from the micrsoft site because its the only site that will do it for free
I couldn't be bothered reading all your desc. sorry but you can get viruses from visiting site and stuff too!



Go to start%26gt;all program%26gt;accessories%26gt;system tools and system restore and restore to the day before the virus got on ur computer. It should get rid of it :P



Also do a scan after that too!



Hope this helps
1. Remote trojan - someone atteched a trojan through which opened your port and you are getting the popups and junk



2. The limewire upgrade was a fraud.



People post sites that look the same, if you got it free then remove it from C:/ drive and remove the registry of it.



If it still doesnt help, email me at gregorytomczak_2@hotmail.com and I will tell you exactly how to remove it
bro the only way you get viruses from limewire is if you download exe files or zip files, if you didnt do that you can get



a virus from visiting a bad site using internet explorer (use mozilla) and especially if you visit myspace.
because you need an antivirous i recommened norton
Let's see here. You admit that you are a thief and steal intellectual property (music, movies, software, etc) by using Limewire, but that is OK. That is cool.



But when someone breaks the law and infects your PC... that's a whole different story. Not cool. Not OK. False advertising! Call the cops!



Sounds a bit hypocritical to me. Don't you agree?
Visit http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ then run the Trend Micro FREE online virus scanner. Hopefully this should clean up your system.



Then you can download a permanent virus scanner of your choice or download from http://free.grisoft.com/



Keep your IE browser updated from Microsoft or Firefox.

No comments:

Post a Comment