Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Downloading MIcrosoft Service Pack 2. Extremely Slow Download?

I just got my PC reformatted from a PC business. I'm using the Microsoft Automatic Updates to Upgrade and download the Serrvice Pack 2. It Get's about 1/2 way done and basically stops downloading, or downloads EXTREMELY slow. My PC is brand new, no spyware...Anybody can help me out??



Downloading MIcrosoft Service Pack 2. Extremely Slow Download?icons for myspace





That happened to me before. The issue was with my harddrive, it continued to have spotty memory, and loose bits of data. Everything was great after I got it replaced, and the O.S. installed cleanly.



( Problem comes from missing bits of your O.S. )



OR



The website (microsoft) is unreliable and spotty themselves. But I know that isn't the case, they run on a pretty big CDN.



- Paul



Downloading MIcrosoft Service Pack 2. Extremely Slow Download?hidden myspace myspace.com



If it's peer-to-peer download you could have latched onto a slow or no peer.



It will take as long as it takes. I usally start that sort of download before I go to bed and let it have at it overnight.
download it manually off a website with a download manager.



windows update tend to not use all your bandwidth and sometime it will only download if you connection is idle.
try to get windows xp - pack 2 CD and download it.downloading from Microsoft is always problematic.you may have to switch off automatic downloads.though they created it,you don't have to believe Microsoft,they have become just ......... and try to thrive on our mistakes.i would even suggest you to do this if you get a pirated copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment