Sunday, November 29, 2009

File Download Time Out Problem and Questions on Recovery??

Hi all,



The other day I was downloading the latest version of America's Army (3 GB, took like 5 hours, and I have superfast broadband).....anyway, the download box was open and slowly downloading it. I saw it get to 88% and then got back on my IE7 browser, and accidently refreshed the page that started the download. The yellow bar saying that the download was blocked until I allow it came up, so the download didn't start again, but in the download box it kinda did. It sat on idle for about an hour, with 55 mins left to go, and then I got an error message that it timed out and when I clicked ok it cancelled the download. You can imagine how angry I was %26gt;.%26lt; Anyway, my questions are: Why did it time out, can I get the 88% back and keep on downloading it or do I have to start again, and lastly because it timed out and did not complete 100%, does that still use up my download limit set by my ISP???



Thanks everyone :)



File Download Time Out Problem and Questions on Recovery??hot myspace





Use this software if for any reason you were cut off it will resume the download from the point it was cut off.



http://www.speedbit.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment